Thursday 12 April 2012

Deb - Canon 70-200 F/4.0 L USM

Deb - Canon 70-200 F/4.0 L USM



Finally decided on a new lens and as i didn't really have a good medium telephoto lens this is what i went for. I watched review after review and tied myself up in knot's! After ruling out the top of the range F/2.8 with IS mainly due to budget i looked at both the F/4.0 versions. The F/4.0 with IS was about £500 more expensive than the Non IS version. So given my photography will be mainly outdoors and also with speedlites i decided to plump for the cheapest version the Canon 70-200 F/4.0 L USM was £529.95 but at the moment you can claim £45 cash back from canon via a redemption form available online.

This is my first image i have produced with it so i have yet to see if it lives up to its great reviews. I do have to say that this is my first L lens and the quality is very good and the lens is very sharp. I would have to say if you do a lot of indoor photography then the F/4.0 IS version would be better as this gives you about three stops of extra light and the more expensive F/2.8 will only give you the one stop extra, just my opinion.

Problem is i already want to upgrade my other lenses to L series!! Better buy a lottery ticket i think!!





My Web | My Twitter | My Facebook | My Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, would love to hear them thanks for looking