Wednesday 19 September 2012

Sunset Ramsgate Harbour






Ramsgate Harbour Last Light
 
 
 
 
Had my new lens arrive and decided i wanted to take it out, so i went down to Ramsgate Harbour and took a few shots. While i was there i met a fellow photographer, Dicky Dyer.
 
This shot was taken from the harbour wall looking back in towards the harbour. Wasn't the best sunset but gave me a chance to try out my lens. I purchased the Canon 24-105mm F/4.0 IS L USM which really is a great lens. I was fully aware that the focal range would change due to my Canon 7D crop sensor, but i have the wide angle covered with the highly regarded Canon EF-S 10-22mm. I was a little concerned at how good the lens would be on a crop sensor but i need not have. Providing you accept this is not a wide angle lens on a crop sensor camera and have that covered with another lens then this is a perfectly good walk around lens, the equivalent focal range is 38-168mm.
 
I haven't had my 10-22 for very long but this lens combination on a crop body i think is a great set up. Look forward to getting out with them both and hope to get some great images in the future.
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, would love to hear them thanks for looking