Friday 2 March 2012

Angel - Speedlight 52 - Week 7


Angel - Speedlight 52 - Week 7



This week i found myself in Ramsgate Cemetery.The cemetery in Cecilia Road, Ramsgate, opened in 1871. There are two chapels, one of which is in use for funeral services, the other serves as a memorial chapel. Both are listed by English Heritage.

This shot was taken at 11.18am and so the sky was very bright. I wanted to make the background darker and light the Angel with my speedlite, so i set the camera as follows

Shutter 1/250th sec
Aperture F/16.0

The camera was on manual mode and these settings actually under exposed image by about two stops. The speedlite was my 580 exii on auto ETTLii mode connected with a hot shoe sync cord and a lumiquest softbox iii attached, positioned high left.

The camera was mounted on tripod fired by ir remote and the flash was then handheld.

Graveyard shots can be very atmospheric and in my opinion always look better in mono graphic form.

Please feel free to comment here, 500px or my flickr account thanks


My Web | My Twitter | My Facebook | My Flickr

1 comment:

  1. brilliant picture, love the darker background and how the Angel is bright

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, would love to hear them thanks for looking